SOMMELIER AS A NEXUS BETWEEN WINERY AND RESTAURANT
In our work to communicate and suggest we performed a service almost nonexistent in Mendoza, liaise adviser for wineries and restaurants to help them to work together.
ADVISORY: Consists of acting as a professional nexus between wine product and the gastronomic proposal, tasting with officials from Bodega and owners or managers responsible of wines incorporation.
BENEFITS: Many wineries want to be on wine lists with their products and many restaurants need a variety of wines that perfectly complement and pair its gastronomic proposal.
NOWADAYS Wineries find a major trade barrier to enter through terms of money and number of bottles, and the restaurants are almost daily receiving samples which get lost without being properly tasted.
OBJECTIVE: To interact and close a circle between both sides so that the activity is suitable for everyone and the position is set in a professional and serious work, always thinking of the final consumer satisfaction and business benefit of both.
Dedicated to qualify restaurant staff:
- Correct presentation of the wine bottle.
- How to put together a Wine List.
- Stock Control and proper wine temperatures.
- Protocol for the wine service.
- Sales techniques and costumer service.
- Pairings and proper suggestions depending on the food offer.
- Drinks rotation at a Restaurant.
Organization, coordination and guidelines for a service according to International standards:
- Coordination, qualifying and organization for wine related events: Contests, Seminars, Conferences, Presentations, etc.
- Control and preparation of the necessary elements for it (wine glass condition, temperature of bottles, sequence to present, etc.).
- Schedule of time and service.
- Special personal contribution for the service.
Oriented to Travel Agency and Winery staff:
- Reception and service towards the tourist.
- Correct way to communicate about wines.
- Knowledge of the Wine Routes.
- Wine sales techniques through the tasting of the product.
- Organization of the tourism area for wineries.